Monday, February 15, 2010

Living in front of his face

It seems the ultimate self worship to write a blog, but if you read this. I hope you will know that I will write here what God is doing in my life and that it will bless you or intrigue you to know him better.

Today I'm thinking of Psalm 27:4. 4One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek, inquire for, and [insistently] require: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord [in His presence] all the days of my life, to behold and gaze upon the beauty [the sweet attractiveness and the delightful loveliness] of the Lord and to meditate, consider, and inquire in His temple.(A)

to the ancient Israelite seeking his face meant enjoying his presence. Face to face. Eyeball to eyeball. No secrets. Drawing breath for life right from his mouth. Not turning our gaze away from his face for a second. Living every moment with him. Every thought, every emotion.

Thats where I am, thats where I want to stay. I'm reading Beth Moores book "So Long Insecurity...You've been a bad friend to us".

1 comment:

  1. Heidi - Thanks for letting me know that you would be praying for God's will for me (in your response on the Living Proof Ministries blog)! It means so much to me!

    I love your post. Face-to-Face and Eyeball-to-Eyeball...good place to be and stay!

    I just finished "So Long Insecurity". GREAT book. I didn't even realize how desperately I needed address that issue in my own heart until I was halfway into the book! Funny how God let's us know when it's time to deal with something!

    ***Specific Prayer request*** I will go in this next Sunday for a round of tests and another CT scan. They are going to be looking to see how my tumor has changed in the last 6 weeks. Then they will decide what the best course of treatment will be. Please pray for clear direction!

    ReplyDelete